Blog

Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

A New Year

So now we are a few weeks into the new year and I like everyone else is getting used to writing 2011.  It always seems to bring me back to my grade school days when you had to write your name and date on the top of your paper and 9 times out of 10 times you would write the wrong year.  It seriously takes some getting used to.

I always like to wonder as a new years approaches, what will happen this year that was different from the last?  I usually reflect on the events of the past year.  I'm a firm believer that events happen in life at a specific time in your life for a reason.  So what will happen this new year? And why did it not happen before this year?  It's fun to look back and see how all the puzzles fit together after the events and figure out the answers.

So as this year starts, I look to the future, to new puzzle pieces, and new reasons why the world turns the way it does.  I'm thinking now about a phrase I heard on a news segment about career advice.  The advice was: dress for the job you want, not the job you have.  I'm changing that around a little to adapt it to the New Year.  Live the life you want, the rest of the will fall into place.

Okay, so not as smooth as the first, but you get the idea.  Here's to hoping your new year is full of Happiness, and Success in all you do.

3 comments:

  1. Great sentiment!

    I've recently decided that I don't give the power of positive thinking enough credit. True, some things are going to happen no matter what. But I really do think if you EXPECT good things, more good things will happen. Whereas, if you're always waiting for the bad stuff . . .

    Good luck and successful wishes to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! What a great way to look at the new year :-) Oh and let me know if you do read Unearthly--I'd love to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The years pass by so fast now that they're starting to blend together...

    ReplyDelete