Blog

Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Christmas in July

Here is a question for you.  Ever notice the holiday's sneak up on you faster and faster.  You have just finished dusting off  your suf board and heading out to the ocean when lo and behold people start putting out fall decorations.  Then as soon as you are getting ready for fall, the winter holiday decorations start finding their way to the store shelves.  Then once again you are settling in for a nice winter and you get it with spring and summer decorations.  It seems like you never get a chance to breath and enjoy the season you are in. 

I don't want my seasons to rush by me.  I want to enjoy and savior the season I'm in.  If it's hot, let me enjoy it, with all the sun and fun.  I want to get sand stuck in my toes, I want to smell the sun tan lotion and eat sea food at the local sea shanties on the water. If it's chilly and fall is in the air, let me enjoy the beautiful colors, the apple picking, pumpkin picking and the spices in the air.  I want to see the kids dressed in their costumes and the dog dress up much to their dismay.  No I don't dress up my dogs. If it is winter let my kids enjoy the snow and the skating.  Let me enjoy watching them enjoy it the way we used to.  Don't rush me. 

Today people are so worried about keeping ahead, being the first, and getting the Christmas shopping done before July even comes.  I'm not one of those people.  I go Christmas shopping in late November.  I've tried to shop before that, call it peer pressure.  I hated it.  I didn't enjoy it at all, plus I sent more money that way, because I hid the gifts away and forgot I bought then in the first place. I won't do that again.

How do you feel on the subject?  Do you feel rushed through the holiday seasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment