Blog

Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Reason for a Season

Do you every wonder about the people who come and go in your life?  I do. It's interesting really. Think about all people you have met through out your life. How many have you met?  A hundred, maybe more.  The number will surprise you.  Ever stop to wonder why some people stay and some people go?  Look at your Facebook friends. Oh, come on admit it, you know you have an account.  We all do.  How many of those people do you talk to on a daily basis? Maybe a handful or two?  Guaranteed  more then half of those people you barely know anymore.  Don't get me wrong, it'is good, your reconnecting.  I've been trying to get reconnected with old friends for a while, and I love it.  But that isn't my point.

My point is.  Look at all of the lives you have touch, and all the lives that have touched yours. It's really amazing. Why are some of them only Facebook friends? Why do we only check up on them once in a while and they are not closer to the everyday  lives?  Ever wonder?  I have a theory.  I call it reason for a season.  We don't need them like we used to.

I believe that God brings people into our lives as we need them. Think about all of the events in your life.  Did you meet someone you have never met before and became friends only to lose them as life changes?  How long did those people stay in your life before moving on?  How many stayed?  How many came back? Do you see the pattern?  Do you see how some people stay for a long time, some for only a short while, and some if we are lucky stay for good?  I've decided friends are like birds.  Hold on to them gently and they will always find their way back to you.  Some times though it takes a little help from Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment