Blog

Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Will Power vs Won't Power

The age of question of dieters.  Why do we call it will power when we fight the urge to eat something that we really want?  Shouldn't we call it won't power?  I mean after all we are fighting the urge not to do something, not do something.  I always thought the term has a bit of irony to it.  What is your take?

I feel that we should change the terminolgy all together. The term will power should be used when referring to positive things like excerising, getting tasks done before deal lines and bettering our lives.  The term won't power should be used when referring to negative things we want to avoid, like taking that last piece of cake, smoking that ciggeratte, or procrastinating on tasks.

Yes,  I think we should change our terminology.  What is your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gooԁ ԁаy! I cоuld havе sωorn
    I've been to this website before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's neω tο me.

    Nonethelеsѕ, Ι'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be booκ-maгking anԁ сhecking baсκ
    frequеntly!

    mу blog :: Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent site you've got here.. It's difficult to find high-quality writing
    like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you!

    Take care!!

    My site: painting your bathroom vanity cabinet

    ReplyDelete