Blog

Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

National Novel Writing Month

 As baseball season has ended and fall is thick in the air.  My schedule has slowly slowed down.  Sure the kids still have activities to keep up with, but no way near as many.  These days consist of CCD (and since I'm teaching I need time to prepare for the day's lesson), and piano.  Throw in there my allergy shot and these days we are busy two to three times per week instead of four or five.  So why am I still behind on my writing? 

I have to admit I haven't been as diligent with this novel as my first.  Maybe it's because I have a clearer idea of where I want to go so I'm taking my time, maybe it's because I find other things that need to get done, like now I should be spending time writing instead of working on an article for my blog, but this needs to get done too. There always seems something that needs tending to. The point is,  I'm going slower.  I wanted to be done by Christmas, well that is not going to happen. 

While I'm trying to stay afloat and stay on target with my writing many people are gearing up for What I call the greatest feat in writing.  NaNoWriMo.  That's National Novel Writing Month.    This is the ultimate challege for writers, especially for either newbees like me, or people who have a lot on their plate as it is (also me and the rest of the world). Yeah, life might have gotten slower, but not much.

I would love to join this group of people and type away all day on my novel for a strait month, but reality says, who is going to do the laundry, go to work, help the kids with their homework, feed the dog, cook dinner,etc...  I can go on and on.  The biggest for me is work and family.  I squeeze writing in when I can as it is.  To accomplish a whole book in a month when I average six months on one is just asking to much right now.  Don't get me wrong.  I'd love to do it.  In fact I do plan on doing it, just not this year.

I want to shout out to all of you out there who are up to the challenge this year!  Way to To!  Good for you! and Best of Luck! 

I hope to be right there with you next year!  Maybe I'll even have an agent by then! Hey, it could happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment