Blog

Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Catching Up

 There are many different ways to reconnect with people. Linked In,  Facebook, Google Connect, Yahoo Groups and Classmates are only a few of the ways .  Some of you might remember my post about how people come and go in our lives and how instrumental these tools can be in reconnecting with some of them.  I wrote about how many lives we touch in our life time, and how many lives touch ours in small and large ways.

Not to long ago someone used one of those tools to find me.  I was pleasantly surprised when I did hear from this person.  It was someone from my past, obviously, but what really touched me, was that it was someone from my childhood that I had not seen in, oh I don't even want to count the years.  The point is he remembered me and sought me out on this world wide monster of the internet.  I mean lets face it, there is a lot of information out there, and at times it can be hard to find exactly what you are looking for.

Once we reconnected it brought back so many wonderful memories growing up.  Things were so much simpler then and I was nostalgic for those days at least for a little while.  Families lived closer together, we leaned on each other more in times of need, and family dinners were a big deal.  Today families are spread all over the place, they can't lean on each other like before, because chances are you aren't even in the same state.  The only thing that might have stayed the same are the family dinners, and that is only because you live so far away that when you do see each other again it is a big deal.

It feels good to know that we have touched someones life.  It feels even better when they reach out to reconnect.  It's like saying, hey I remember you, and I care about how your life turned out.  I'm glad he reached out and reminded me of happy times of our childhood.  Thank you.

What about you?  Do you still search for the friends from long ago? Have you found any? Tell me.  What has your experiences been with finding old friends?  How did it make you feel?

2 comments:

  1. I signed up on facebook and I find myself doing that frantic emailing back and forth and then I don't really care what's happening on their farm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fun part is reading the news feed, when people do post that is. The important thing is you can reconnect when and if you need too. We all take a hiatius now and then. :-)

    ReplyDelete