Blog

Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

wrap, novel, or blog

I have a quiet moment right now.  I should be writing my novel, or working on my other writing project.  I also need to wrap my Christmas gifts, but I realized I ran out of scheduled post so I need to do this too.

While I'm at it I also have laundry that needs to get done, I wanted to walk on the treadmill, but I'm not doing any of that either.

I usually get my wrapping done at night when the kids are in bed, but now that Rascal is around I seriously don't think he is going to let me wrap on the floor and watch TV like I usually do.  All I can picture is him walking all over my wrapping paper and gifts.  It really is a funny sight when I think about it, but not one I want to go through.  Which is one of the reason why I haven't finished my wrapping. 

So instead I should write, but I can't concentrate at night, I write better in the morning or afternoon. So here I am talking to you. Tell me what do you do to procrastinate?

4 comments:

  1. I just go with the flow. I'm a huge procrastinator. I believe it's my middle name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's generally not a conscious decision. Mostly I procrastinate everything but writing until my life is OUT of control ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work on blog stuff, read a book, or start organizing or cleaning to avoid doing something I feel like I have to do. It doesn't make sense, because often the 'have-to-do' item isn't that bad, and if I got it done, my mind would be released to think about something more complex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it's not just me. Instead of writing yesterday I did some editing and sent out a couple of query's. At least it wasn't all procrastinating

    ReplyDelete