Blog

Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Harry Potter Finale





July 15th is the date many people have been waiting for, the final movie for Harry and his friends.  In my family alone their have been some die hard fans.  For one my husband started reading the books even before I did.  He loves them, I couldn't get through the first book.  Don't get me wrong I tried, I really tried.  I mean hay, if I could read all of The Lord of the Rings books, and all of the Narnia Chronicle, I can get through Harry Potter right?  Wrong.  I couldn't do it.  I finally caved and put the book down.  Sorry J.K. Rowling.

That being said I loved the movies, every one of them.  I had no problem waiting for each movie to come out and watch it with my husband.  And once my boys got old enough not to be scared, I watched them again, and again, and again.  Actually it got a little tiring after a while, but truth be told.  I'm looking forward to the final movie just as much as everyone else is.  I'm even a little sad that this is the last one.  In my eyes, I see another whole series emerging out of this one.  I'm thinking, life after Hogwarts, or Hogwarts after Harry.  Maybe concentrate on another character, Neville Longbottom has come such a long way through the movies, how about following his life for a while?  Just an idea.

Rumors has it the J.K. Rowling might not be done with Harry.  Only time will tell.  Either way Tomorrow, or at least very soon, I'll be going to the theater to watch Harry's final movie with everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment