Blog

Blog

Monday, August 22, 2011

Does Your Synopsis and Query Stand Out?


I've been researching tons of blogs lately and I have noticed everyone has some type of free feature to offer their readers.  I decided I wanted something to for my readers as well,  It seemed like everything has been taken though, until I sat down and really thought about what I haven't seen.  I've seen poems, critiques, book reviews, polls, and so much more, but the one thing I haven't seen is anyone posting on synopsis's, and only a few on query's.

We all have to do them, even authors who have been published, and everyone can use help in fine tuning them so agents, and publishers are impressed and eager to read our books.  So today I'm introducing a new feature called Stand out Synopsis/Query. I'll add my feed back and please in the comments add yours!

Here are the rules:
1) Send me your paragraphs with "Stand Out Synopsis/Query" in the subject line to enter your synopsis ( 3 paragraph max)
2) Comment on the synopsis featured that day. They will be picked randomly. No rude comments, this is to help each other in our craft.
3) Spread the word it's fun and it helps everyone.

Synopsis/Query's will be posted on Mondays if we get enough people to join in.  I'll keep you updated on the outcome. Check out the side bars to find out how to send them in to me.

Add Note:   Please put Stand Out Synopsis/Query in the  subject area.

11 comments:

  1. Great idea! i don't have a synopsis (yet!) but until I do, I'll check back to see what other people post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susanna! The more synopsis sent in the more we can help everyone, so send yours in everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh, I've written more synopsises, er, synopsi.. (what the heck is the plural form of synopsis anyway?) then I care to think about. I thought it would end once I got an agent, but nope. This is a great idea and I'll be checking back here to see the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Steven, glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good idea. My synopsis is 2 pages though. I do have a short one that is one page. My query letter is just 250 words though... well, I did some tweaking on that recently. It might be up to 300 now. But my dream agent has a partial for DEAD FALL right now.... got my fingers and toes crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doralynn, send it on over. We can do it in sections if you want. Or your query. I'm up for querys if that is what the people need! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi fellow campaigner groupie! Look forward to getting to know you better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you're a brave soul for taking this on. I don't have something ready yet but I'll for sure bookmark this page when I'm at that point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! I'm a new follower and fellow campaigner ... nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello fellow campaigner. Just dropping by check out your blog. It's nice to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete