Blog

Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Creation

  Writing has been slow going for me these days.  I have been trying to squeeze it in between work, kids, laundry, piano, and everything else that life throws you.  It isn't very often these days I get a chance to work in piece and quiet.  Usually the TV is on or the boys and my husband are playing Wii, and don't forget the puppy wants to play with me. That means the progress I have made has been slow going, but I have been making process and I thought I would share a small excerpt with you. Feel free to tell me what you think.
Light Weight- (working title)
      I packed up my things after practice and was about to call Michelle when I saw Mark and Brad walk towards the office. The look on their faces worried me. Something was up, something was wrong. I knew it wasn't Kevin, he was talking to one of the other guys on the other side of the gym. I dropped my bag and followed them. The door closed just as I got to the hallway, I put my ear against it.
When did you get the call?” I heard Brad's voice.
Just now. The drop is going down in an hour. It will take us a half hour to get there.”
Why so out of the way? It's not like the Scorpions to make a drop so far from their territory.”
Apparently it wasn't their idea, it was King's idea.”
Who the hell is King?” I said out loud, then cursed myself.
He's making a drop with King? Shit. So that is how he's getting the guns. What else did you find out?”
That was all I could get before my informant hung up.” I noticed that Mark stressed the word informant. He knew I was listening. So much for ease dropping. Just then the door swung open.
And don't even think about asking to come along.” Mark frowned at me in the doorway.
I..I... I stammered.”
I wasn't going to ask.” Brad finished for me.
No I wasn't.” I managed.
Good, because you're not coming.” Mark said letting Brad out of the office and closing the door behind him. They walked down the hall and never looked back. I had no intention of asking, I was following.
      It wasn't easy keeping up with Brad and Mark. They drove fast and weaved in and out of lanes on the highway. It was almost as if they knew I was following. The car I borrowed, okay stole didn't have as much pick up as I liked, but I knew it got me to where I needed to go and that was the important part. When I they finally got to the drop off I circled around and parked the car about a block away. There was no way I was going to let myself be seen so I kept to the shadows. Brad and Mark were no where to be seen. I spotted George with Hugo and Philippe sitting on Miguel's car talking. Miguel had to be close, I ducked even though I knew they couldn't see me. Just the thought of Miguel here made me nervous and angry. I took a deep breath and looked up again. Hugo gave something to Philippe, but I couldn’t see what it was; then they walked towards the warehouse and disappeared inside.
What the hell are you doing here?” I knew that voice. I turned and stood up facing Miguel.”
I didn’t want to miss all the fun.” At least it wasn’t a total lie. I smirked.
I should have had your ass a long time ago. Who are you here with?”
No one.” I gasped.
Tico tell you where to find me?”
What? I haven’t spoken to Tico. Why can’t you get that through your thick head? I have no idea where he is.”
No?” Miguel looked me over and for the first time, I was really scared.
We’ll see.” Miguel grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the warehouse.

1 comment: