Blog

Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Blogfest

 Labor Day Blogfest

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend.  My weekend was filled with boating, BBQ's, fishing, family, friends and fun.

 We spent the day at the cabin on the pond enjoying the last days of summer.  My boys were supossed to go back to school on the 29th but because of Irene, it has been delayed until today.  Yup, my boys got one more full week of school.  I'd be happy about it for them, but they are just going to have to make it up in June.  Oh well. Anyway summer is still drawing to a close either way you look at it and in honor of the end of summer, starts The Labor day blog fest.  You remember the rules right?


 Here they are: just in case you forgot.

 1) You must follow this blog.

2) Spread the word. Mention this Blog Fest on your blog, the more who join in the better. Make sure you visit others who are joining in as well.

3) Sign up on the Link below.  If the link doesn't work (I'm new at this tech stuff) Please leave your name and link to your site in the comments. (The link is closed now, but you can still join in the comments.)

4) On Tuesday September 6th post on your blog the American Flag and your State Flag with five American Historical sites you have been to or wish to see.

Now it's my turn to share with you the American Historical Sites I have visited:

1) Ellis Island

2) Liberty Island

3) Washington DC

Places I'd love to visit

4)  The Grand Canyon

5) The Golden Gate Bridge

There are so many more places I'd like to visit so this is just a tiny peek.

How about you?  Where have you been, or want to go?


6 comments:

  1. I loved visiting the Grand Canyon when I was young and I can't wait to take my kids. It is amazing. Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Ciara - I went to the Grand Canyon when I was 6 and would love to take my kids. I've been to all the places on your list. We took the kids to DC 2 years ago, and to Boston last year. We were supposed to go to Philadelphia this summer, but it didn't work out. I'd love to take my kids to the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. That would be amazing. Funny... when I made my list. I've visited the Grand Canyon and the Golden Gate Bridge. I did a post on Labor Day. I was behind, then ahead and now behind and wasn't even near Irene. Thanks for doing this. It's a fun discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great places. I really had trouble choosing. I've been fortunate enough to travel a lot. I've been in 49 states... Hawaii is still on my to-do list. I just wrote down the first ones I thought of, then after I posted, I thought, wow, I should have mentioned Mesa Verde National Park or Cripple Creek... (Bob Womack is a distant relation of my grandmother's, and he discovered gold in Cripple Creek.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually seen quite a lot. My parents drove us out and back across the country when I was 5 and again when I was 12. I don't remember much of the first trip, except some giant dinosaurs somewhere?, but I remember quite a lot from the second trip. We live in an awesome country! Sorry I missed the blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been to:
    Washington D.C.
    Grand Canyon, Arizona
    USS Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor, HI
    USS NC Battleship in Wilmington, NC
    Charleston, SC

    Would like to visit:
    Statue of Liberty
    Golden Gate Bridge
    Empire State Building
    Niagra Falls
    Yellowstone National Park

    ReplyDelete