Blog

Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

What I'm Up to these days

 Hey blogger world!  I hope everyone has had a great weekend.  I know today is Stand Out Synposis day, but I haven't gotten any entries this week so instead I thought I'd let you in on what I have been up too. (As soon as I get some more in, you'll be the first to know! So hurry up and get those synopsis in!):-)

The weather has been horrible here in Rhode Island.  For September it has been hot and humid and gross.  I don't even have an air conditioner anymore because we took them out thanks to Irene, and we figured what was the use of putting them back in when the summer was basically over.  Stupid, Stupid.

Anyway, I know many of you have been wondering how I am doing with sewing my son's costume, so I thought I'd post a picture for you to see.  Not a bad looking guy huh?  He looks like he belongs on a cover of a book.




  It's a renaissance shirt, anyway, notice the sword he is holding, that is why my son picked it; he wants the sword the model has in the picture.  I didn't argue, because the shirt looked fairly easy to make, minus me remembering how to sew again.  Besides, the model is pretty easy on the eyes.  Hey, you have to refer to the picture once in a while to make sure your sewing looks right.  Might as well have a nice picture to look at. 



 (And yes the cushion you see in the back round I sewed as well)

And here is my version, not exactly the same but, I'm not done yet.  I have to finish the cuffs on the arms so it has the same banding as the the collar and hem the bottom.  I think it will take me a total of 3 weekend days to finish.  Not bad for someone who hasn't sewn in years.

As for writing I decided to put the editing on my WIP aside. I figured after all the great feed back I got on it this week, I need walk away for a while.  Instead, I have opened up an older WIP and started editing and finishing that.  (I squeezed that in, in the early morning hours this weekend). It's not YA, it's a romantic contemporary and I hope to finish it before spring at the rate I'm going.

So tell me, what have you been up to this weekend?  Have you gotten any writing in like I have?  Anything fun go on?  Tell me curious minds want to know!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had a sewing project! That shirt is turning out fantastic. Can't imagine finding trim to match the picture was easy (but great job!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking shirt! I wish I could sew, but sadly, I almost failed 8th grade sewing. The nighgown I made my sister that year did not survive. Thankfully I have friends and family who kindly help out. :)

    ReplyDelete