Blog

Blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween is Monday

 Happy Halloween Everyone!     






Happy Halloween Everyone!  I'm trying something new this year.  This year I'm not buying candy, no I'm not a grudge when it comes to Halloween.  It's just that every year I get less and less kids coming to my house to collect it.  My neighborhood has changed over the years; so much so that this year I'm taking my kids to a friends house to trick or trick. 

Last year was a disaster.  You see there are a lot of senior citizens in my neighborhood.  So even though new young family have moved they are out trick or tricking as well so nobody is home to give out candy.  My husband and I took turns every year walking with the kids so their was always someone home to give out candy.  The younger family today (wow that made me sound old and I'm not) don't do that.  They all go out as a family, wich is nice BUT: They leave theirs lights off and no candy on the stoop. Sucks for the neighbors kids!

So this year I'm taking my kids out of the neighborhood to a friends house a few blocks away where there are tons of kids and families.  My kids are really looking forward to it and I am too.  I get to socialize with my friends just like they do.  For me, it's a win win situation.  They get more candy and we both get to hang out with our friends.
 So Have a Happy Halloween!  And make sure to stay safe, travel in groups, and get lots of candy!



7 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween..sounds like fun! :)

    Amber Skyze

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween! Have fun and stay safe. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually stay home and my husband takes the kids out. My 11 yo has volunteered to stay home and hand out candy this year. Which is a fancy way of saying he's staying home to eat OUR candy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a million kids come to our house. Call me the Halloween Humbug ( it's an accurate description), but I turn my lights of at 8:30. I've got a tiny baby, and everyone in my house needs sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Germans aren't really into Halloween -so we make a big deal of it all by ourselves (You should see the neighbors faces when we build up our garden graveyard!)Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are leaving the lights off tonight and heading to greener pastures for the good candy...the big neighborhood with the mansions where they give out full candy bars and movie tickets and stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love these pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete