Blog

Blog

Monday, October 17, 2011

It's the season for Reunions!



 I know I was going to leave Monday's open, but I felt like I haven't posted in a awhile and to be honest, I missed you guys!  I have been extremely  busy lately and I haven't gotten to many blogs, but I'm hoping to change that.  If I haven't gotten to you I will.  Now off to our normally scheduled post:

Yes, dare I say it. Not only is the holiday season fast approaching, but so are reunions.  In fact we are actually in the thick of it right now.  Most people have their high school reunions just before Halloween or right after Thanksgiving.  My husband's was this past Saturday.  Most spouses I'm told usually aren't very excited about reunions, and why should they?  After all it's not there reunion.  I was looking forward to it a little though.  You see I met my husband in college, but since we have been together for over 15 years I have already meet many of this high school friends.  My husband doesn't talk to many of them, but there are still many we do see, and coming from a small town, people are all ways connected.

It was fun to see people I haven't seen in years. It was fun hearing the old stories resurface, although most of the talk was about more current events. We dropped the kids off at my husbands parent's house then headed about twenty minutes away to the reunion.  It poured.  Funny because it was beautiful all day long.  Anyway, it's got me to thinking about reunions you always see in the movies.  Why is it that in the movies the renunion is always at the high school, and in real life it is always at some hotel, or bar, or restuarant?  I'd love for my next reunion to be at my high school.  With my luck it will be in Manhattan again at some bar/restuarant and I won't be able to hear any one again.  Hello i haven't sseen you in twenty years, I'd like to talk to you not scream at you!

Anyway, we had tons of fun.  It will be interesting how things turn out in the next ten years, or when ever who ever is in charged decides to hold it.  But then again I know who is in charge, she was at our wedding, do maybe next time I just call her.  Funny how things turn out.

What about you?  Have you gone to your high school reunion yet?  What are you looking forward too?  tell me, I'll be looking at old photos!

6 comments:

  1. I've never been and I've been out of school a while. I'm debating the next big reunion. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My high school class as one that didn't mesh and we never got along that well. Out of curiosity, though, I did go to our 20th reunion (yes, I'm THAT old!) and it was actually fun. I really enjoyed talking to many people who, now that we aren't in high school any more, had grown up and become interesting, nice people :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you had a good time. Personally, I have yet to go to a reunion. High school and I didn't get along well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, but it's so much fun to see who is bald, gray and or both. LOL At least we joked about it some. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noooo, not holidays already. Wow, time flies. I would enjoy a reunion, but I went to 3 different high schools and didn't connect much since I was so introverted. I had a few good college friends but one lives in Spain, for instance. Doubt my few friends would BE at a reunion! But I'm glad you had a good time at yours (despite having to yell over the noise LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't go to my high school reunion this year, but it was AT MY HIGH SCHOOL! How about that? I just happen to live a block and a half straight out from its front doors, too.

    ReplyDelete