Blog

Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

Blessing in Disguise

I've been thinking of ways to generate more ways for people to submit their synopsis and queries for review on Stand Out Synopsis.  So far the response has been slow, but dare I say steady?  A few people have offered ideas, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter and I've decided the ideas are not bad ones but I'm not so sure I want to get that involved with so many social networks so instead I have decided to created only a Facebook page.  The only reason why I decided to go through Facebook is because I already have a Facebook account so it will be easier for me to check and update. I'm still trying to get the link on my blog, so  bare with me as I get that straightened out.  I want to help out other writers the same as so many have helped me out, but if there still is a slow trickling in of enteries I might have to cancel this segment. 

Part of me says this is a good thing.  It leaves me more time to concentrate on my writing, editing, blogging and family.  I enjoy blogging, and networking but I don't want it to consume all my free time.

As of right now I have no more entries, I'm going to give Stand Out Synopsis a little more time, I know I'm just in the beginning stages, but the purpose of this site is for comments, and no one is commenting and to be honest that is my main concern.  I will still post on Mondays and Thursdays, don't worry I'm not going anywhere.

Just an Update:  The Facebook link is now working so make sure you click and like- follow!  Thanks!- Cynthia

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the Stand Out Synopsis endeavor. I think it's awesome that you are wanting to help other writers out -- pay it forward, right? :-) And regardless, it's good to know you aren't going anywhere :-) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia,

    Glad that you're not going anywhere. :) I've been blogging for a couple of years now and have had my ups and downs with comments and readership. From what I have learned, the best way to gain readers/commentors is to read and comment on other blogs. If you build a rapport, they will come. You might want to talk to Matt at The Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment - he's a kind, helpful dude who might have some insight for you. :)

    Keep swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy about this news. i think the synopsis is the hardest thing to write. The FB group sounds perfect. I'm glad you're here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope you can keep this up (even on FB) It's so hard to find good critique on queries and synopsis - and they're harder to write than the manuscript! I've been trying to do a little advertising for you. I hope it helps...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Writing synopses is something not very many people talk about! So this will be a good thing to have. Usually I just share mine with my critique partners (but I really haven't written that many of them!).

    ReplyDelete