Blog

Blog
Experience is the journey of life, it's what you do with it that makes you unique!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

I'm So Bummed



I got the call around dinner time on the 1st of November.  A friend of mine called with some very exciting news.  She was going to paste it on Facebook, but there were a chosen few people who she wanted to make sure heard the news straight  from her.

My friend had found out a few weeks ago that she is moving.  (sad sigh).  Her husband decided to take a job based in Virginia.  (another sad sigh).  Since I have moved to Rhode Island I have met some wonderful people.  The friends I have made I have made because of my boys.  I met this friend 10 years ago when I joined a mommies group through my hospital.  My son was six months old at the time.

From the time I joined, four of us from the group have been inseparable.  We had plays dates all week long and it was great.  We went to each others house, the zoo, I swear I lived at Mystic Aquarium.  As time went on and our kids started school we have seen less and less of each other. But we have Girls Night Out regularly, okay so some times we lapse and should have gotten together sooner, but the point is, we still make time for each other.  The last time we went out we went for dinner in Newport and a Comedy Club. So much fun.

 I'm so happy for her exciting new journey in life and I know that we will still talk to each other and hopefully visit each other, but knowing she is no longer right here in Rhode Island sucks. 


So this post is goes out to the ones we love that are far away.  You might be far away, but you are always close to our hearts!

7 comments:

  1. Rhode Island . . . I spent the first 22 years of my life there. Now I live a short 45 minute drive to Cape Cod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My entire family lives in states that are a plane flight away, not a car ride away. I understand your pain. I also have left behind many friends in my life. Technology is the only thing that keeps me sane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my good friends just moved to Portugal. Who knows when I'm going to see her next! It's always sad when people move away. Thankfully we have technology to keep us close :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Cynthia, that is hard. I hope you find a way to stay in touch.

    I was Rhode Island born and raised. Hello Ocean stater :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard when we're separated from close friends. My best friend lives 13 hours away, which is much closer than her last home, which was 24 hours away. But I miss hanging out with her all the time. Thank goodness for phones and the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a hard thing. I'm sorry. You'll stay good friends though! How could you not, when you've been close for so long? Good luck and be happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! So sad! I hate when good friends move away. :( Sounds like you'll always be friends, though, no matter how far away you are.

    ReplyDelete