Blog

Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Torn

Okay so Halloween is out of they way and everyone is getting back into the swing of things.  As for myself, I've been very busy.  Along with getting ready for Halloween this past weekend I've gotten a good 2 hours worth of writing on my WIP. Yeah! Yes that is big for me.

I have also been doing a lot of reading, not critiques, or ssynopsis for Stand Out Synopsis, (although I wish I was), no, I've been reading for me.  I'm the type of person who HAS to have a book.  As soon as I get close to the end of one I'm at the book store hunting down another.  Funny thing is I write YA, but I haven't read a lot of YA books.  I know, shame on me. A few weeks ago I decided to change that so the last time I picked a book I decided it had to be YA. Well I've found one and I loved it.  The book is Fallen by Lauren Kate.  I'm almost finished with it so I went to the book store Sunday to pick up the next book Passion in the series only I had to order it (Boohoo).  So instead I pick up Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright (You know the one- It's a major motion picture now), I also picked up The Summer Garden by Paulina Simons.  I have read The Bronze Horseman and Alex & Tatitina and have been waiting almost a year for this last book to hit the US.

So now I'm in a dilemma. While I wait for Passion to come in from the book store, which book do I start?
Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright or The Summer Garden by Paulina Simons which is really long?   Help me decide Which book would you pick up to read first?  And have you read Fallen by Lauren Kate?  What did you think?

5 comments:

  1. Oh those all sound like great choices! I say put them a table, close your eyes, spin yourself around three times, and then reach out your hand. Whichever book you touch first - - read it! :) ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All really great choices. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally with you in always having to have a book. I usually buy 4 at a time, set them on my bedside table, and make sure I've read them all before I allow myself to buy any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any of them sound good. I need to get to the library again ASAP - I'm in between books. :) Congrats on the writing time - that always feels so awesome to get a good chunk in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of your other two books to choose from (with the exception of one of them being a movie, which I have seen). I have read Fallen and liked it enough to read the next two. But I don't want to give anything away, so I'll stop there with that series :) Good luck with deciding! I'm sure either will take you on a fun journey.

    ReplyDelete