Blog

Blog

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cheers to a New Year and New Beginings!


It's the time of year when everyone starts the count down. Christmas is over and New Years Eve is only days away. It's a time when people get together, party the night away, and sleep late the next day. I have to admit to the world that I am not one of these people.

It's not that I don't like New Years. I enjoy getting together with my friends and family. I enjoy the food and the drink, although one drink can last me the entire night, okay two drinks tops, and that's pushing it. The point is, I am not a party person. I never was, never will be.

My favor New Year celebrations have been the quite ones. Small dinner parties, watching a movie, or talking the night away, and if I'm really lucky, I'm awake long enough to watch the ball drop. I know I sound boring, but I'm not good without sleep. For one I get sick to my stomach, cold, and nervous. Trust me it really isn't a good mix for me.



Don't get me wrong, I've suffered through it many times, and it's worth it, some times. Notice I never said drunk, just lack of sleep. In the last few years of my life though my kids have been young, so someone had to function in the morning for them. The older they get though, I'm starting to wonder if my excuse for not partying on New Years Eve will last.

I think it will, even if and when my husband and I do go to the parties. Why? Because we have a rule. If I drive, the driver decides when it's time to go and if the driver is tired, the party is over. Yeah, safety first people.

This year we don't have a babysitter, which is fine by me, New Years has gotten fun staying home with the boys. A night filled with board games, card games, movies, music, and watching the ball drop- if Mommy can stay awake. :-)

What are your plans for New Years? Share with me, I'll be planning a nice home meal, with popcorn, board games, and legos.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm not the only person, who isn't a party animal. Usually I'm in bed around 10:30pm and my husband and older kids wake me up 5 minutes before midnight so I don't miss the New Year's toast. Latest 1:00 am, I'm back in bed.

    My kids think we have the best New Year's parties around (all we do is play board games, set off the annual fireworks and drink sprite), but who am I to complain?

    Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be getting old as well. Staying home with my wife snacking on food, playing games, and watching Bowl games is the extent of my New Year's Eve excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your New Year's Eve sounds just right to me! We will be home by the fireside, playing dominoes or hearts or scrabble, and drinking carbonated apple cranberry juice at midnight because that's just the partying kind of house we are :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an old soul, New Years Eve is the only day of the year I can't bring myself to stay up till Midnight. Midnight on the East Coast? Sure, that's only 9pm in California! But dealing with fireworks and dogs upset from the fireworks all New Years Eve long wears me out. Like you, yay if I'm awake, otherwise I'll enjoy the new year when I wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to stay at home and just relax. Those are the best New Year Eve's of all. Have a great one at home with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're having a quiet New Year's Eve, too. We'll play board games, watch some TV, and even reflect on the past year - what our favorite memories were, and things that maybe didn't go as we planned. My husband and kids will probably stay up to watch the new year come in. Me? I'll probably be in bed by 11:00.

    Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, just popping in to wish you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete