Blog

Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

Do you Ever Wonder?

I was reading one of my own posts. You know looking it over, making sure I spelled everything correctly, making those needed edits when something hit me.

Do agents ever see our post?  There are so many of us who write and blog in the hopes of one day writing that one novel that will land us an agent.  We query our hearts out and we mention our blogs as our pride and joy.  They say an agent will be more interested if he/she sees you have followers. The more followers the better, it shows them that we have people out there that will buy our books, because they all ready want to know what we have to say. But....

Do you ever wonder how many of those agents click over to see your blog that you mentioned in your query letter?  Seriously I'm curious.  Has an agent ever click over to check you out?  Did they leave a comment and let you know?  I'm in the throws of querying now, and I'd love to know what agents think of our blogs. If anyone has ever heard from an agent saying they have checked out your blog, I'd love to hear about it.

4 comments:

  1. Nathan Bransford commented on my blog once, but other than that, I have no proof any agent has been by. :shrug: I don't really worry about it - unless I just posted something opinionated and then a rejection pops into my inbox. That freaks me out a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kindof think an agent or two has checked out my blog, but I have no proof. No comment. But at conferences, agents always say they do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting question. With agents having so much to read all the time, I'm guessing that they cannot spent a lot of random time in the blogosphere. On the other hand, if a writer sparks their interest, they probably do a bit of online research, checking out blogs as well as other forms of online presence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do mention my blog in my query, but don't believe any agent has checked me out. My blog's purpose is to showcase my writing and my consistency. I don't have as many followers as other writers, but my followers are ones who comment.

    ReplyDelete