Blog

Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

That Dreaded Synopsis



It's Monday again and unfortunately I don't have any synopsis or query entries for you to critique. So instead I have searched the web for information and tips I can post here for you to reference. Today I'm concentrating on Synopsis. If you google the word synopsis you'll be amazed at the amount of information out there. Listed are the obvious places and our all time favorites:

Nathan Bransford always has wonderful information
as does Query Shark.
But did you know Readers Digest has tons of articles out there as well?

But did you know that:

Query Tracker is a great site with help on synopsis as well.
And Lisa Gardner has a great article called Conquering That Dreaded Synopsis: A Series of Ten Lectures
which is very helpful.
Gabrielle Luthy has a blog and a website I stumbled upon in my search that has tons of information on it Click over and check her out.

So there you have it, some homework to check out while you are away finishing up those query and synopsis getting them ready me for.  Don't forget to leave a comment letting me know what you think of the sites I have found. I'd love to know if they were useful to you.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous links! I would much rather write a synopsis than a query. Somehow they are so much less intimidating!

    ReplyDelete