Blog

Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

Muppet's + Memories = Happy Tears

 So today, (December 30th) my husband and I took the kids to see the new Muppet movie. Now even though I love the Muppet's, this movie was not on the top of my list to go see. I'd much rather go see Sherlock Holmes or the new Mission Impossible movie, but my youngest won and off we were to go see the new Muppet movies written by Jason Segal.


Anyway I just want to say thank you Jason! Not only did he do a great job of re-introducing the Muppet's to a new generation, but he reminded us "old timers" why we love them so much. Honestly this world needs more movies and characters like these. (I've posted about this need before-search for it in my cloud below).

I don't know if anyone has seen the movie yet, so I won't give too much away, but basically the story involves a die hard fan helping to get the Muppet's back together after a long time of being separated. Oh, and the deed to the theater and studio is in jeopardy.

 (Walter: the die hard fan)

 I know everyone has memories of the Muppet's. One of my first memories was while camping with my family. It was a rainy day. Not much fun for camping, so my mom and my aunt took all the kids to the movies to see the Muppet's. It was their first movie. We had seen them on TV and we were really looking forward to it. So my three cousins, my sister and I piled in two cars with my mom and my aunt and off we went. One of my younger cousins fell asleep just as the movie started. We wanted to wake him up, but my aunt said no, boy was he pissed when he woke up. I can't blame him. I actually saw those cousins this past weekend for Christmas Eve. Boy how times have changed.

 Anyway, that was one of the memories that came back to me while watching the movie today with my boys. Happy tears came to my eyes and I found myself crying, literally crying. Yes, I'm one of those people who cry for happy reasons as well as sad. It's call an emotion, you don't like it, too bad.

 Anyway lets talk about characters, my favorite? I can't decide, I love them all. Although I have say Gonzo and the Critics have a special place in my heart. I love how when ever Gonzo blows that trumpet the wrong sound comes out, and the critics can be very funny for the older crowd. Oh, no I'm the older crowd now. When did that happen? LOL I guess it happened around the same time the Muppet's slowly drifted out of the lime light. Well, I'm glad they are back. What no Kermit you ask? Oh, now that is a given! I'll always love Kermit. Doesn't everyone?!

Now it's your turn: share with me your memories. What are your favorite memories of the Muppet's? Who are your favorite characters?

6 comments:

  1. Well, I must say my favorite muppet character was always miss piggy. And even though Frank Oz did her voice he sounded like a good enough woman with just the right personality. I hope the new movie captures her character well. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the Muppet Movie yet (alas, my mom took my niece and said it was dumb which didn't make me want to run right out!) and like you I would have chosen Mission Impossible or Sherlock Holmes. Glad you liked the movie and it turned out to be a nice experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I'm not going to lie, I've seen this movie 3 times since it came out. And I absolutely cried at the end. I think he did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous. I remember watching the Muppet's cartoon every morning. I love Gonzo! I really want to go see this, but WE BOUGHT A ZOO won out over the holiday! I'm still going to see the Muppets tho! Can't miss that one.

    Oh - and I cry for happy things too! Especially weddings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked ol' school muppets. This one was so bad I can't even comment on the reasons 'cause I'll just upset myself. --_--

    What a wonderful blog you got here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My memories mostly involve being called Miss Piggy, since her name was only one letter off mine. Glad you loved it! My kids aren't so interested in seeing it, which I'm kind of okay with. ;)

    ReplyDelete