Blog

Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

Game Over





Looks like baseball is over in my house.  Needles to say I have one very upset little boy.  He was so proud to have made it so far. He really wanted to win last night.

It all comes down to a learning experience. I told him. We all fall down, it is what you do after you fall that counts. So, I asked him "what do you do when you fall?"  He just looked at me waiting for my reply.  "You get back up." I said. "And you keep getting back up."

I tried to put it in terms he can understand. I was honest, but I hope comforting. "Only a chosen few make it this far, the ones who try hard and play hard. The ones who get back up when they fall down. Not everyone wins the World Series, not everyone wins the Stanley Cup and that's okay, because there is always next year. Now is the time to get back up and get ready for next year."

It's important that kids learn to lose as much as they learn to win, it makes winning is so much sweeter. Knowing you fell down, got back up, and never gave up.

What lesson's have your kids learned recently?  What lesson's have you learn? Tell me while I get ready for the next sport season.

No comments:

Post a Comment