Blog

Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Okemo, VT



Well I'm back from my weekend at Okemo Mountain and I have to tell you, it was very cold We made our way up Friday night after the boys got out of school; there was no way I was going to take them out of school. We stopped a few times for dinner and bathroom breaks; not to mention feed and walk Rascal.

It was around nine by the time we got there, so it wasn't long before everyone was off to bed so we could get an early start Saturday morning.

My husband got up early with the boys and sighed them up for snow boarding lessons, much to their delight(they were not happy). I hit the slopes with my mother-in-law mid morning and got a few runs in on the magic carpet to warm up, before buying tickets for the lift and taking a break for lunch back at the house. After lunch my Mother-in-law and I hit the slopes again before joining my husband for a few runs, before picking up the kids.

Sunday, it was too cold for me, so I stayed home. I was really upset about it too, but with the temperature being 17 degrees, and the wind chill at around 3 degrees the furthest I got was walking Rascal around the block. Even then I had to put on snow pants and thermals. I could barely walk let alone ski.

Monday morning we headed home praying that we weren't headed towards a driveway full of snow that needed to be shoveled. Yes, that's right, if you live in the North East like me, you heard or dealt with the snow that came in Saturday.  Thankfully their wasn't much snow, and I was able to get Rascal to the vet for an evening appointment. Thank my friends is a story in itself. Stay turned. I'll tell you all about my puppy, next post.

In the mean time, tell me how your President's Day weekend went?

No comments:

Post a Comment