Blog

Blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tell me a Story


I love this picture because there are so many thing you can write about. I have mine below. It's kind of somber, and might need some more work to touch it up, but I like it and I hope you do too.


I close my eyes
And take a breath
But still I feel the pain in my chest.
I wrap my arms around myself
And tears drip down
My face is wet.

I long to sing of better days.
And hear the soft sweat sound of success.
I know its near, it's within reach.
I just can't see it, through the tears.

I try to fight, I hold on tight.
I grip and claw my way once more
I can not stop I must go on.
Though the pain is heavy and my heart is sore.

I close my eyes
And take a breath
But still I feel the pain in my chest.
I wrap my arms around myself
And open my eyes to see what's left.

Over the mountain the sky is blue.
The clouds are white, and birds fly too
But still by my the sky is dark
And there are no birds at play in my park.

I must get over that mountain of pain
and feel the healing of the rain.
I'll grip and claw my way once more,
I won't give up until I soar!

1 comment:

  1. I love that type of artwork. And your poem fits so well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete