Blog

Blog

Monday, August 17, 2015

Much ado About Nothing

What is writers block and why do so many people say they get it? Writers block is when you stare at a black page, or the next sentence of your work and the words just won't come to you. Well I'm here to say, I have not been away for so long because of writers block, no I've been away, because like everyone I needed to recharge, be mom, wife, daughter and sister. In short live life.

When I decided to start up my blog again. it wasn't anything I thought about. I didn't say to myself, "I need to start writing again." Nope it actually happened more suddenly then that. I was sitting in the dentists office waiting for my son to get this palette expander taken off and the wires put on his braces, when I decided to check my blog. Why? I have no idea. I haven't checked it in so long. That was when I decided to write here again. I was ready. It was time.

What in the world do I write about though? I haven't written in so long? Writers block? Nope. I looked around my back yard and a million things came to mind. I realized that I don't need a subject to write about. Just write. The leaves on the trees, the flowers in the garden. What shape are they? Do they have curves or are they pointy? How about the colors, are they soft as pastels, or are they vibrant as primary colors? Then there is smell? Are they pungent, or do you barely get a whiff of them in the breeze? Taste? Okay, unless they are editable you probably don't want to taste them, but you get the point.

Which brings me to my point. Write. That's it. It doesn't have to be on your current master piece. It doesn't have to be editing someone's else's work. Nope, just write; for the fun of it.

1 comment:

  1. When I struggle with writers block, I just get out in the world and do things for a day or two, just to refresh my point of view. Long walks also help and reading favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete