Blog

Blog

Monday, September 21, 2015

Bullying: It Never Seems to Go Away



See that picture up there? I love that picture. Why? It's simple. Just look at it. The picture alone says it all. We will not tolerated bullying.

Bullying is all around us, at home, in school, at the work place. People concentrate on kids bullying other kids all the time, and with school now in session it is something that is at the top of the list for people to be aware of all the time. But does it really ever end? In my eyes, sadly no. It is always something we need to teach. Kids need to be aware of others people's feelings, young and old.

As we concentrate on stopping the bullying sometimes I feel one thing is being lost, forgotten, and not addressed and it should be. What about the bully. We need to stop and think about why these kids and adults are bullies in the first place. I promise you one thing. There is an underlying problem there. The solution? Get help. These bullies have emotional problems of their own. Get to the source of the problem and the bullying stops.

This is where my knowledge of writing and books come into play. Ever hear of The Berenstain Bears? Of course you have, we all have. The book is called The Berenstain Bears and the Bully. Read it again. The bully turns out has emotional problems of her own, which I'm happy to say are addressed in the book.

More recently a new book is out on the market. No I have not read it, but I like the idea and am interested in what the author has to say. The Book is called FLAWD by Emily-Anne Regal and she is the founder of WeStopHate. She is a 21 year old who was bullied herself and after changing schools became the bully. I have to say I'm interested in reading her story. How about you?

My point? Don't just stop the bullying, stop the cycle.


No comments:

Post a Comment