Blog

Blog

Monday, November 9, 2015

Critique Partners


Critique Partners. There was a time I had no idea what a critique partner was. Now I know all too well, and I know just how important they are. What amazes me is how hard a good one is to find. I have been through my share of partners. Some have lasted a few years some for only a few months.

I know what you are wondering why? What is going on that I have gone through so many partners? Well, to put it simply, life. Some partners have decide not to write anymore, others needed a break, or I needed a break. Life at times gets in the way, especially for those just starting out. We are still trying to balance it all, mom, wife, work, kids, pets, house work, sports, family, etc. It's a lot to figure out and it's not always easy to always find that balance.

Not to mention people evolve and needs change and as these needs change so do your partners. It is a frustrating cycle and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has gone through this process. 

If you have found that special critique partner you are lucky. You see a critique partner is a lot like marriage. You need to take the good with the bad, support, respect, and always be there for each other.

How many partner have you gone through and are you still looking?


No comments:

Post a Comment